My grand uncle-last WWII vet to receive Purple Heart ?

So proud of my grand uncle Daniel Sayad. He maybe last American Purple Heart veteran from WWII.
Please click on link below:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chicago-Native-WWII-Vet-Awarded-Purple-Heart-Decades-After-Service-429010343.html

This is the story of my great uncle Daniel Sayad.  My great uncle Danny is possibly the last American combat veteran from World War II to earn the Purple Heart.  My great uncle earned the Purple Heart for being wounded twice while serving in the United States military in the defeat of Adolf Hitler’s Nazi Germany.  My Uncle Danny was the younger of the Tight-knit Sayad family.  I was close to the Sayad family. The eldest was my grandmother, Ms. Sarah Sayad Paz.  Although a child herself, Ms. Sayad Paz dropped out of high school to help take care of my Uncle Danny and other members of her family.  Ms. Sarah Sayad Paz was an accomplished woman dedicated to service in her own right.  Ms. Sayad Paz helped to raise me and also helped to instill in me a dedication to service.

Like hundreds of millions of his generation, my Uncle Danny’s sacrifices helped to save American and human civilization.  Like many on all sides of my family, my Uncle Danny values and valued the idea of serving our community, our fellow Americans, and our world, in a variety of ways.  Although I never served in the military, I have made strong efforts, and will continue to make strong efforts, to serve our community, our fellow Americans, and our world, for the betterment of all.  I honor my Uncle Danny, I honor soldiers, I honor veterans, I honor the wounded, and I honor the fallen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our county board videos/minutes (1/16 -11/17) - several local community members have testified 14 times related to toxic mold inside apartment and building in Aurora, Illinois.